Thursday, September 23, 2010

1

Ok, so let's start from here. This is the first page of my special calendar notebook I will be using for the core project. I wrote these things down during the summer. As you can see, some of them are in Chinese, simply because I found it much simpler express what I want to say for certain things, then I would translate them into English.
Alright, no more nonsense, basically what I wrote down here in Chinese on the top would be some reasons why there is a need to design. I made a few main points (there are actually way more than that), number 1, the ethnic Han clothing is too vague, not many people know what the heck it is. Secondly, I found that most people around the world have a first impression about traditional Han Chinese clothing that is completely misrepresented by media, books, newspaper and whatever utilities there are outthere. Lastly, due to the diversity of Han ethnicity, there are some generalizations upon the Hans that we are not an ethnicity bounded with real culture at all, there is nothing really that defines us as an ethnicity (other than language and writing today). Therefore, the above issues provoked me to make something special to define this old ethnicty.
Who is the audience? According to my research, the main backbone supporter of Hanfu movement is people born in the late 70s and the 80s, so these guys are definitly my target. I will post the Design brief and proposal I did during the summer that further explains the audience and everything else.

The last Chinese line says "any sort of cultural inheritance need a certain degree of ceremonial rites"

No comments:

Post a Comment