Friday, October 1, 2010

6








The above are the research I did on the relationship between clothes and identity.

After some research done, I started doing visuals. This one is the contrast between Manchurian hairstyle and Han hairstyle, along with a Manchurian in Manchu clothe and a Han in Han clothe.

A rough storyboard approach for narration.

Code. Hanfu is a clothing that has meaning in every corner of its design. Therefore, the codes itself reveals the nature, belief, and living style of the Han ethnicity.



How one particular aspect of symbols can tie to the entire clothing system. When one sees a sign, it automatically leads to the rest. It's like you never know how the bottom of the iceberg is like, but you have a pretty decent idea about it by look at one part of it.

This is the part where the instructor told me to put down what I always want to convey no matter what approach I take. Also a list of misunderstandings that people have towards the Chinese. This way, it always keep me on track doesnt matter what fancy concept I come up with in the future.

A list of questions and answers I did by asking myself questions to lead to my own answer.

More readings I have to do for my research....

What I need to convey, and a list of stereotypes that most people have towards the Hans and Han clothing.


A list of concept I had.


A much more refined version of how the narration idea can be approached.


Basically this is storyboard on both page. The storyboard only shows the big events happened during the history. The history explains how both han and manchurian clothing became the way how it is. One side is Han, the other side is Manchu. By having them juxtaposed, you can quickly find out the difference. Also, there are magnification circles that show the micro aspects of the clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment