Wednesday, November 17, 2010

14

So here it is, my final visual moodboard along with my type moodboard again. For my final visual mood board, I will explain my position. For the past spreads that I have shown, there seems to be a lack of "me" in the project. My position in this project to show that in our (Han Chinese) deepest souls where lies the genes of Hanfu (han clothing)". What my position meant here is that, doesn't matter what happened
in history, the clothing itself has already carved into our hearts that it would never be
erased even though we don't know it or do not recognize the clothing anymore. It's like
the relationship between a boy and his mother. Even if they do not know each other, they
will unconsciouly find intamicay among them. This is in fact my personal experience when I put on the Manchurian clothing on me. As a result, this has further enhanced me to simplify my drawings down to the very basic forms, revealing only a touch of the nature and essence of Chinese clothings. Further visually, for all the characters I will draw, they will not have faces, or maybe just parts revealed. This book visually speaking, I hope it would be more like a book to remind something we know of the past. In order to constract the simply graphic characters, I used detail illustrations of history behind to punch up the memory idea that simple things resulted from complicated matters? 

1 comment: