Wednesday, December 15, 2010

23

For final treatments on type, I cut it down to only 4 chapters. Also I decided my color scheme on a unified set for the chapter heads and the table of contents. I put a small circle on the right top, as a minimalistic effect but there is also a cultural reason behind which I would explain below.

This color pair up is a pairing of a strong red and a dark color with a reddish tint in the back. This is a classical Chinese color pair that reveals the "holiness" of heaven and earth. Basically, from what I know this color came from the sky color before the sun rise in the morning. It has a very interesting story behind!

But this color pairing, is indeed very unique, and has a rather settled solemn mood that is very different from the present-day Chinese aesthetic which reveals a sense of loudness and noisiness with high contrasting saturated colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment