Wednesday, December 15, 2010

24

This is what I originally had for my spread for the intro on Hanfu.

Change in color and type, to connect better with the next page which is pitch black, I had the right page black too, also this way turns up the contrast, making the entire spread more eyecatching.
refine in typgoraphy before having it printed, the earlier spread was quite busy already, so I turned down the size contrast for the type, since this book is suppse to have a rather settled effect

original type treatment for the opening

I found the original type treatment to be too, plain, since it is a opening page, and a very important line I want to say. Here, I punched up the contrast, which works better than before, also taking full advantage of the nature of typeface to be compatible with the syntax of the line.



original type treatment for the ending page.
I found it to be too dull, also simply not resolved design wise.

Final treatment for the type. This time, I like it a lot better, it conveys a feel of time, also, even though it's big, it has a delicate settled effect especially for the type treatment on the dark page.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment